Because I am lazy and NaNo is taking up all of my time, I have decided to just pull from the Beautiful People archive. Beautiful People is the year round version of Beautiful Books. It explores character, so I thought that as it was relevant and fun I would do that. If there are any other prompts/tags that you want me to do then hit me up and I will be happy to do them!
I am going to start with the very first one from June 2014! The link to the Beautiful People page on Paper Fury will be here. I highly encourage you all to do it! And now I will!
1) What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it? Her full name is Celeste Dubuissonne, but she likes to pretend that her surname has been lost to history. She was named after her great-grandmother who was the first Queen in their line as her parents hoped that she too would become a great queen (unfortunately that didn’t happen though…)
2) How old are they, and when were they born? She was born over 700 years ago, during the age of classical antiquity. So she would be about 754 years old.
3) Describe their physical appearance. (Bonus questions: 1. What is their race/nationality/ethnicity? 2. Do you have a picture of them? If so, include it!) She was born in Sweden to King Magnus Ladulås and his wife. She is taller than average, with blonde hair, fair skin and green eyes. The only exciting thing about her is her symmetrical face and high cheek bones, she likes to think that her sister got all of her beauty. She is thin though, and her hair reaches her butt when she doesn’t have it in the plaits that she was taught to keep it in when she was a child. Celeste does have a few scars however, mostly across her stomach and shoulders from when she was younger and she was training to fight. She is also decently muscled due to all of that training, which thanks to her becoming a vampire she has just kept. Also she has fangs and her eyes sometimes turn red.
4) Describe your character’s personality first in one word, and then elaborate with a few sentences. Controlling. She was trained from a very young age to be a defender of her home if war ever hit them, so she believes that it is her job to protect Astrid (her sister) from anything that may harm her as she is her last remaining family member. This could include stopping her from going to work at a coffee shop without her or making sure that she always had at least one bodyguard with her at all times – it really varies depending upon how vulnerable Celeste herself is feeling and how confident she is in her ability to protect her sister.
5) What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc? I’m not sure, but I think that I would have to go for Could Have Been Me by The Struts, it’s not identical but it’s pretty close – also it’s a really good song.
6) Which one of the seven deadly sins describes your character? Anger. She is so angry and bitter about how her life has turned out and about how cruel it has been to those who she loves. She is also angry because she never got to get what her sister had so many times, which was some form of true love, Astrid always seemed to be in love and it made her so angry that she never got to have that and even when she thought that she did she was betrayed and her trust was used against her. She is really just a generally angry person.
7) If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air), which one would they be? Fire. She burns strong, but not for very long. It doesn’t take a lot to put her flame out as much as she would like people to think. She is aso very good at destroying everything in her wake, however to those that she trusts and loves she can bring hope and warmth.
8) What is their favourite word? Bollocks has to be it. She doesn’t use it very often but that is at the request of her sister who cannot take her seriously when she says it and she really wants to take her seriously when she is angry.
9) Who’s one person they really miss? (It could be someone who’s passed away, or someone they’re not close to anymore, or someone who’s moved away.) She really misses her mother. Her mother died of an illness before Celeste could reach her 19th birthday which meant that Astrid only knew her for the first 6 years of her life, so she mourns for both of their losses everyday.
10) What sights, sounds, and smells remind them of that person? Her sister is daily reminder of her as they look so alike, snow – it was her mother’s favourite thing, the crackle of a fire, forests, the smell of the ozone before rain falls or as a storm is brewing. The scent that magic leaves as a spell is being performed and anything that Celeste managed to salvage from her childhood.
I hope that you all found this interesting, I know that I certainly did and I definitely know my character better which is definitely a plus side! Let me know if you don’t want me to do more of these, or if you do. Or heck even if you want this to become a permanent fixture upon this blog!
I hope that you all discover your characters too,