Hi! I’m still alive! I thought I would prove that to you via post so here is this month’s edition of Beautiful People gifted to us by Paper Fury and Further Up and Further In! The Link back to this month’s post is here. And the questions are here:
I’m going to be answering them about Celeste and this will be good for me cause I’m struggling to finish the last chunk of this book (I’m 70k in though!!! Thanks Camp NaNo!) Anyway, onto the questions!
- What are they addicted to/can’t live without? Celeste is addicted to sleep and food. She cannot get by without a good 8-10 hours sleep each night and if that means that she lies in by about 5 hours and wakes up at 1pm then so be it. It’s a bit ridiculous considering the fact that she’s an immortal vampire, but then again a person needs to sleep. And the food thing is only because she is an excellent chef and is proud of it so she will sometimes cook for herself just to display to others how good she is. If she had an instagram it would be solely about food.
- Name 3 positive and 3 negative qualities about your character. Positives: Takes care of those she loves, will cook for anyone and doesn’t skimp on sleep. Negative: Is willing to murder (and enjoys doing it), commits crime daily and doesn’t feel guilty – although it’s crime by association, she’s rarely the one stealing and is kinda two faced.
- Are they holding onto something they should get rid of? You know, I don’t think so. Maybe her inability to love because Clarisse broke her heart all those hundreds of years ago. But then again maybe there’s nothing. Who knows?
- If 10 is completely organized and 1 is completely messy, where do they fall on the scale? Probably like 6 or 7, isn’t keen on mess but if there is some then she doesn’t have to clean it up immediately – unless it’s the kitchen. That has to be 5 star clean always. No matter what. This is very different to Astrid – she does care about the kitchen to this level, but the rest of the house also has to be hella tidy. Always.
- What most frustrates them about the world they live in? That what she does for a living is illegal. Yes she could get out of prison no bother but she can’t be bothered getting her good people out of prison. It’s just a lot of unnecessary effort that she could do without.
- How would they dress for a night out? How would they dress for a night in? Night out? She would dress hella fierce. Short black skirt with impossibly high black high heels and a black bralet. It’s hella fierce and she gets all of the gals. She tends to put her hair up in a straight ponytail that also looks fierce. Basically just fierce is all you need to know. For a night in however? PJ’s all the way. Straight up pajamas cause her night in involves sleeping and that’s pretty much it.
- How many shoes do they own, and what kind? She isn’t really a person who owns a lot of clothes. Just the necessities. So she owns like 10 pairs of shoes, a couple of pairs of ankle boots, thigh boots and trainers. Also some heels and more trainers. She’s definitely a comfort over visual person. She’ll rock it either way.
- Do they have any pets? What pet do they WISH they had? No pets and she doesn’t really wish for pets either. They live too long and vampire cats aren’t a thing so it wouldn’t be possible without having her heart broken repeatedly. She doesn’t let herself dwell.
- Is there something or someone that they resent? Why and what happened? She holds a lot of resentment against Clarisse as mentioned above. But also a bit her mother. She is the reason that she and her sister are this way so there’s a bit of a grudge there. Not that she realises it and I doubt she ever will.
- What’s usually in their fridge or pantry? Everything. Literally. It is huge and has enough to keep them in 3 meals a day for at least 11 years. With those dishes being diverse and only repeated like 4 times with a new twist each time. Also a lot of frozen pizza. Sometimes a girl’s just gotta have her frozen pizza, you feel?
Woo! I really enjoyed answering these questions and I hope that you enjoyed reading them! (that does make sense, shhh) Anyway, the day that this comes out I plan on beginning editing. (I realise this makes it sound like I speed wrote and finished like 5k in two hours but I just got sick of writing it so I’m gonna edit instead and finish it that way) I am so excited and I can’t wait to start (I have never edited anything longer than a blog post – yes I am naive) but I am going to spend the entire day writing/editing and improving upon my sandbox by making some landscaped grounds for my sandcastles to eventually sit on. Also I cleaned the kitchen today. Be proud of me. I never clean.